The Fine Art Room April Social
– Van Gogh and Britain at Tate Britain – FULLY BOOKED
Thursday 4 April, 9.45am onwards
*Exhibition ticket, travel and meal cost not included (see below for more info)
Image: Vincent van Gogh – Self Portrait, Autumn 1889. Oil on canvas. National Gallery of Art (Washington, USA)
Join us for what’s set to be one of 2019’s most popular exhibitions as over 40 paintings by Vincent Van Gogh are gathered from collections across the globe for a blockbuster show examining how the artist was influenced by British art and in turn influenced British artists.
Discover how time spent living in Stockwell and Isleworth inspired and affected Van Gogh and how paintings by Millais and Constable here in London shaped his practice. The exhibition also includes work by British artists including Walter Sickert, Francis Bacon and David Bomberg who were all influenced by Van Gogh’s life and work.
Meeting in the morning, we will arrive at the exhibition at opening time allowing us to enjoy the exhibition before the crowds at what should be a relatively quiet time. We will spend the morning at the exhibition, or you may wish to also go to the Don McCullin photography exhibition, explore Mike Nelson’s new installation or enjoy Tate Britain’s permanent collection before we meet again and go for lunch.
We will have lunch at 1pm at The White Swan, a pub around the corner from Tate Britain.
We will meet in the ticket hall at Pimlico station at 9.45am and then walk to Tate Britain (7 minute walk away).
The April Social is free. However, you will need to pay for:
- Your travel to and from Tate Britain (nearest Tube station Pimlico on the Victoria Line)
- Your exhibition ticket (see below)
- Your meal and drinks at the pub.
Your Exhibition ticket
– Tickets for the exhibition are on sale now and are timed entry tickets.
– Please buy your tickets for the 10am time slot to ensure first entry into the exhibition.
– Please let us know if you intend to come to the exhibition and lunch or just the lunch
– If you want to join us later in the morning, we can see you in the exhibition or afterwards at lunch – but please let us know you’re coming especially if you want to join us for lunch
– You can also join us for just the exhibition part of the event if you don’t want to come for lunch afterwards
- Members – Free
- General admission – £22
- Seniors (60 and above) £20
- Students / Job seekers – £20
- National Art Pass / Art Fund card holder – £11
- National Art Pass / Senior Art Fund card holder – £10
Book your place
Places for the April Social are first come, first served.
Number of places: 15.
To book your place, please fill in the form below.