Pablo Picasso The Dream (Le Rêve) 1932, Private Collection © Succession Picasso/DACS, London 2018
The Fine Art Room April Social
Picasso 1932 – Love, Fame, Tragedy at Tate Modern + dinner – SOLD OUT
Friday 6 April, 5pm – late, free*
*Picasso exhibition ticket, travel and meal cost not included (see below for more info)
All spaces on our April Social evening have been booked – look out for more social evenings being announced soon
Picasso 1932 – Love, Fame, Tragedy at Tate Modern looks set to be one of the year’s blockbuster exhibitions. Featuring more than 100 paintings, drawings, sculptures and photographs the show promises to reveal the processes and motivations of the modern master at a pivotal period in his life and career.
1932 found the 50 year old Picasso enjoy huge success including a key exhibition at the Galeries Georges Petit in Paris that cemented his reputation as one of the most important, exciting and in-demand artists working in the city, with works reflecting his interests and techniques over the last 30 years. His personal life which inspired his art continued to play out in the studio, with his lover Marie-Thérèse Walter starting to take centre stage in his work.
Meeting in the early evening, we will go to the Picasso exhibition together for approximately two hours to allow plenty of time in the exhibition / sketch if you wish.
We will then gather again to walk to Zizzi by the riverside where we can discuss our take on the exhibition over supper.
We will meet inside Tate Modern by the Turbine Hall entrance at 5pm then go upstairs to the Picasso exhibition. Later we will regroup and walk to the restaurant, a short walk away from Tate Modern for dinner around 8pm.
The April Social is free. However, you will need to pay for:
- Your travel to and from Tate Modern / Zizzi (nearest Tube / train station Blackfriars / Southwark)
- Your Picasso exhibition ticket (see below)
- Your meal and drinks at the restaurant.
Your Picasso exhibition ticket
– Tickets for the Picasso exhibition are on sale now – it’s best to buy them as soon as possible. Purchase them for 5.30pm entry to allow extra time to gather as a group / cloakroom visits etc.
– You can also join us just for the exhibition part of the evening if you don’t want to come to the restaurant afterwards
– Please let us know if you intend on coming to the exhibition and dinner or just the dinner before buying your ticket.
Picasso exhibition ticket prices
- Free for Tate Members
- Adult – £ 22.00
- Senior Citizen (aged 60+) – £20.00
- Student with ID – £20.00
- Job Seeker with proof of eligibility – £20.00
- Disabled – £ 20.00
- National Art Pass/Art Fund – £11.00
- National Art Pass/Art Fund Concession – £10.00
Book your place
Places for the April Social are first come, first served.
Number of places: 15.
To book your place, please fill in the form below.