Art Days Out
Dates: 9 June – 25 August (see below for course schedule)
Venue: Various venues (see below for course schedule) + The Fine Art Room – Hemel Hempstead (venue info below)
No of sessions: 10
No. of students: 8
Tutor: Mario Lautier Vella
* Course fee doesn’t include venue entrance fees, travel to and from venues or other costs incurred during our visit. For more info on ticket prices, visit the venues’ websites (see below for links)
Enjoy trips to a stately homes and other sites of interest in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and take inspiration from wonderful architecture, artworks, artefacts, gardens and much more. Sketch on-site or complete a research assignment, then join us in our studio space in Hemel Hempstead (see below for venue info) where you can create work based on your sketches, ideas and research.
Thursday June 23 – Wrest Park (find out more)
Thursday June 30 – Hemel Hempstead studio session, 13:00-16:00
Thursday July 7 – Knebworth House (find out more)
Thursday July 14 – Hemel Hempstead studio session, 13:00-16:00
Thursday August 4 – Waddesdon (find out more)
Thursday August 11 – Hemel Hempstead studio session, 13:00-16:00
Thursday August 18 – Hatfield House (find out more)
Thursday August 25 – Hemel Hempstead studio session, 13:00-16:00
- Course attendees must book their place on the course in advance. Please do not turn up unannounced on the day.
- Course attendees will be required to book their own venue entrance tickets in advance of our visit
- Course attendees need to make their own way to and from our art day out venues
- Course attendees will need arrive at each art day out venue at a set time dependent on venue opening hours and ticket availability. More info will be provided before the course commences
- Our days out will involve a lot of walking and being outdoors – only attend if you’re able to walk / stand for a long duration and prepared to be outdoors / sketch outdoors
Studio session venue: Adeyfield Community Centre, Hemel Hempstead
Adeyfield Community Centre is located at The Queen’s Square, Adeyfield, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 4EW
There are plenty of free parking spaces available at The Queen’s Square on a first-come, first-served basis as well as designated disabled parking spaces. The Queen’s Square is also served by a number of local bus routes. See map
Course level: Intermediate / advanced; drawing and painting experience useful- if you’re a newcomer to art, we recommend you do our Learn to draw course first.
Course materials: You will need a sketchbook, drawing materials and a charged phone / camera to take photos whilst on the research trip. Paper will be provided for your studio sessions. A course materials list will be provided upon booking.
Your course tutor: Mario Lautier Vella is a qualified art tutor and professional cross-disciplinary artist, with drawing and painting including pastel work, being a key part of his practice. His work can be found in collections across the UK, Malta, the Netherlands, Australia, Canada and the USA. Find out more
Book your place
Fill in the form below to book your place or please get in touch with any questions you may have. Please read our course terms and conditions before booking.