The Fine Art Room August Social
– The Making of Rodin at Tate Modern
Monday 9 August, 10:15am onwards
*Exhibition ticket, travel and meal cost not included (see below for more info)
Image: Auguste Rodin – Study for The Thinker 1881 (Musée Rodin)
This event is now fully booked. Get in touch using the form below and we’ll let you know if a space becomes available plus add you to our mailing list and keep you informed of other upcoming events
Join us for a morning visit to The Making of Rodin exhibition at Tate Modern followed by lunch at a local restaurant
French sculptor Auguste Rodin (1840-1917) is renowned for a number of key pieces including The Thinker, The Kiss and The Burghers of Calais and proved both highly influential and controversial in his lifetime.
This new exhibition at Tate Modern features over 200 works from the Musee Rodin and takes a behind the scenes look at Rodin’s processes and how working with plaster provided him with an opportunity to think about, reflect on and visualise his ideas, creating new, unique pieces or experimenting with combining existing pieces to create new work. The show also examines his complex relationship with his assistant and lover, the sculptress Camille Claudel and other collaborators.
The exhibition will provide us with a wonderful opportunity to draw on-site if you wish so consider bringing a sketchbook. You may also want to use the time at Tate Modern to explore the vast permanent collection.
After our visit to the exhibition, there is the option to join us for lunch at Italian restaurant Zizzi which is a short walk away from Tate Modern.
We will meet inside Tate Modern by the entrance to the exhibition from 10am onwards with view to entering the exhibition at 10:15am or 10:30 depending on your ticket.
The August Social is free. However, you will need to pay for:
- Your travel to and from Tate Modern (nearest Tube stations – Blackfriars; Southwark; London Bridge
- Your exhibition ticket (see below)
- Your meal and drinks at the pub.
Your Exhibition ticket
– Tickets for the exhibition are on sale now and are timed entry tickets.
– Please buy your tickets for the 10.15 or 10.30am time slot to ensure first entry into the exhibition.
– Please let us know if you intend to come to the exhibition and lunch or just the lunch
– If you want to join us later in the morning, we can see you in the exhibition or afterwards at lunch – but please let us know you’re coming especially if you want to join us for lunch
– You can also join us for just the exhibition part of the event if you don’t want to come for lunch afterwards
- Members – Free
- Full Fee – £18
- Senior (aged 60+) + Concessions (Job Seeker with proof of eligibility registered disabled) – £17
- Art Fund – £9
Book your place
Places for the August Social are first come, first served.
Number of places: 10.
To book your place, please fill in the form below.