The Fine Art Room December Social
– Visiting the reopened Courtauld Gallery
Wednesday 15 December, 10:20 onwards
Image: Edouard Manet (1832 – 1883), A Bar at the Folies-Bergère, (1882)
*Exhibition ticket, travel and meal cost not included (see below for more info)
This event is now fully booked. Get in touch using the form below and we’ll let you know if a space becomes available plus add you to our mailing list and keep you informed of other upcoming events
Join us for a morning visit to the newly reopened, refurbished Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House on The Strand.
The gallery has been closed for a major redevelopment project and is due to reopen in November. Our visit will allow us to experience the new gallery spaces and enjoy fantastic work by Cezanne, Manet, Van Gogh and Degas as well as other key pieces previously in storage, as well as art and objects from the Middle Ages and Renaissance. A new painting by contemporary artist Cecily Brown will also feature in the permanent collection.
Bring your sketchbook and enjoy drawing in the gallery, or enjoy a leisurely walk through the stunning collection.
We will also be able to visit three new temporary exhibitions:
- Modern Drawings: The Karshan Gift features work by Georg Baselitz, Joseph Beuys, Wassily Kandinsky, Paul Klee, Gerhard Richter and more
- Pen to Brush: British Drawings and Watercolours centres on key pieces from The Courtauld’s collection of drawings by Turner, Constable, Henry Moore and others
- Kurdistan in the 1940s showcases images from the Conway photographic Library taken by the 20th century British photographer Anthony Kersting of the conflict in Kurdistan and surrounding regions.
After our visit to the exhibition, there is the option to join us for lunch at French restaurant Cote which is a short walk away in Covent Garden.
>> Find out more about The Courtauld Gallery
>> Find out more about Cote Covent Garden and see their menu
We will meet outside The Courtauld at 10:20am so we can go into the gallery together at 10:30. We will be in the gallery until 13.15 before heading to the restaurant for 13.30.
The December Social is free. However, you will need to pay for:
- Your travel to and from The Courtauld (nearest Tube stations – Temple; Covent Garden)
- Your exhibition ticket (see below)
- Your meal and drinks at the restaurant.
Your Exhibition ticket
– Tickets for the gallery are not currently available but more info is expected once the gallery reopens in November – more details will be provided nearer the time
– You can join us for just the exhibition part of the event if you don’t want to come for lunch afterwards
Book your place
Places for the December Social are first come, first served.
Number of places: 11.
To book your place, please fill in the form below.
>> Browse more events
>> Browse courses