The Fine Art Room March Social
– After Impressionism: Inventing Modern Art at The National Gallery + lunch
Wednesday March 29, 10.15am onwards
*Exhibition ticket, travel and meal cost not included (see below for more info)
Image: Picasso with his painting The Aficionado, 1912.
Join us for a morning visit to the After Impressionism: Inventing Modern Art at The National Gallery followed by lunch at a local restaurant
Discover how acts of artistic and social rebellion led to radical art movements and new ways of artmaking, as rules and conventions were challenged by pioneering artists including Cezanne, Gauguin and Van Gogh.
This survey exhibition is comprised of over 100 works by artists including Picasso, Matisse, Klimt, Mondrian and Rodin and explores how in-studio experimentation and external social and political events shaped creativity across Europe, leading to a new generation of artists and art-making that still influences us today.
After our visit to the exhibition, there is the option to join us for lunch at Cote on St Martin’s Lane which is a short walk away from The National Gallery.
We will meet outside the entrance to The National Gallery at 10.15 with view to entering the exhibition from 10.30 onwards depending on your ticket.
The Social is free. However, you will need to pay for:
- Your travel to and from The National Gallery (nearest Tube stations – Charing Cross; Leicester Square; Piccadilly Circus
- Your exhibition ticket (see below)
- Your meal and drinks at the restaurant.
Your Exhibition ticket
– Tickets for the exhibition are will be available soon (more details to follow)
– Please let us know if you intend to come to the exhibition and lunch or just the lunch
– If you want to join us later in the morning, we can see you in the exhibition or afterwards at lunch – but please let us know you’re coming especially if you want to join us for lunch
– You can also join us for just the exhibition part of the event if you don’t want to come for lunch afterwards
Ticket prices – to be confirmed
Book your place
Places for the Social are first come, first served.
Number of places: 11
To book your place, please fill in the form below.