The Fine Art Room – Terms and Conditions
Enrolling and paying for your course
You can pay for your course in the following ways:
- Electronic transfer – we will email our account details to you
- Cash – please bring the exact amount with you if possible
- A cheque – you can pay for your place using a cheque before your course begins to secure your place. You can post your cheque (please ask for our postal address) or bring it to your first session / drop-in session. Please write your cheque out to Mario Vella-Shaw.
- If paying by cash or cheque, please arrive in good time before the class starts in order for us to take your payment
- Once payment has been received and processed, we will confirm that you have fully enrolled on the course
- All courses and events are subject to availability, on a first come, first served basis.
Refunds, transfers, credits and cancellations
- If you cancel your place two weeks before the start of the course, you will receive a 50% refund of your fee. Refunds will be issued as cash which must be collected from a Fine Art Room teaching venue or issued via an electronic transfer. Cash will not be posted. Cheques will not be issued.
- If you cancel your place at any time after and including two weeks before the start of the course, you will not be eligible for a refund and no credit will be given i.e you will not be able to transfer your place onto the next course
- If you drop out of a course, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Refunds will be processed within 14 working days of your request
- If you wish to cancel your place and can find another student to replace you, please let us know as soon as possible
- If you are unable to attend a session, we will endeavour to bring you up to speed as quickly as possible in the next session. It is not possible to re-attend the same session you missed at a later date.
- A course needs a minimum number of enrolled students to run. If a minimum number of students do not enrol the course may be at risk of cancellation. If we cancel your course you will be entitled to a full refund which you will receive within 5 working days of the cancellation notice
- If a course is cancelled due to an issue at our end, you will be given a full refund
- If a session is cancelled due to teacher absence, or an event that affects our venue, we will endeavour to put on the remaining session at a later date for you. If you are unable to attend you can request a refund for that single session.
- You will not be reimbursed or refunded for on any additional course expenses (travel, materials)
Changes to your course
- You will be notified of any changes to your course or to the course programme as soon as possible
- The Fine Art Room reserve the right to substitute a named tutor without giving prior notice. Refunds, transfers or credits will not be given in this instance.
- The Fine Art Room reserves the right to change or alter course content should it be found necessary to do so
- The Fine Art Room reserves the right to alter the advertised course venue – you will be notified of any changes as soon as possible
- We cannot accept liability for any inability to run your course where the affecting circumstances are beyond our control.
Your health and safety
- All Fine Art Room students use our studio rooms entirely at their own risk
- Everyone attending a Fine Art Room course is responsible for their personal health and safety. Health and safety guidance will be given for each venue or off-site location The Fine Art Room uses.
- Health and safety information will also be given regarding studio materials and equipment and should be adhered to.
- Please let us know if you have a medical condition or learning difficulty that you feel may affect your progress on your course
- If you are participating in an off-site visit, it is your responsibility to bring any medication, cash or other personal belongings that you need whilst out and about.
Your belongings and artwork
- The Fine Art Room cannot provide you with any storage space. Any work you make, and any equipment and materials you bring to class, must be taken home with you at the end of your session or they will be disposed
- We cannot accept responsibility for any damage or breakages to your work, equipment and materials unless a tutor is directly at fault.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any instances of theft or damage that may occur to your property whilst on a Fine Art Room course or whilst using a Fine Art Room venue
Using our equipment and properties
- Any damage that you cause to any of The Fine Art Room’s equipment will be your responsibility and will have to be paid for
- Any damage to a venue used by The Fine Art Room that you cause will be your responsibility and will have to be paid for
Your behaviour and conduct
- Students are asked to be mindful and courteous whilst completing a Fine Art Room course or attending a Fine Art Room event.
- The Fine Art Room has a zero tolerance policy on any form of anti-social behaviour, harassment, discrimination or bullying. Personal conflicts will be resolved as quickly as possible. In extreme cases, you will be asked to leave your session immediately and may not be allowed to return to the course. No refund will be issued and the authorities may be contacted
- Mobile phones must be switched off or put on silent mode during your session. Any calls must be taken outside the classroom
- Please arrive promptly for your session. Tutors reserve the right not to allow latecomers into the session without prior notice
- If arriving late, please do your utmost to minimise any disruption to the session and students
- If you cannot attend a session, please let your tutor know via email if possible
- If a Fine Art Room tutor or student feels their safety or security is at risk due to your behaviour, you will be asked to leave the session or your course immediately. You will not receive a refund and we will also endeavour to report any behaviour to the police or other authorities if need be
- If you wish to discuss our terms and conditions or have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org