The Fine Art Room – Terms and Conditions
Enrolling and paying for your course
You can pay for your studio-based course in the following ways:
- Electronic bank transfer – we will email our account details to you
- Cash – please bring the exact amount with you if possible
- If paying by cash, please arrive in good time before the class starts in order for us to take your payment
- Once payment has been received and processed, we will confirm that you have fully enrolled on the course
- All courses and events are subject to availability, on a first come, first served basis.
You can pay for your online course using an electronic transfer – please do not send cash or cheques through the post.
Refunds, transfers, credits and cancellations
- If you cancel your place two weeks before the start of the course, you will receive a 50% refund of your fee. Refunds will be issued as cash which must be collected from a Fine Art Room teaching venue or issued via an electronic transfer. Cash will not be posted. Cheques will not be issued.
- If you cancel your place at any time after and including two weeks before the start of the course, you will not be eligible for a refund and no credit will be given i.e you will not be able to transfer your place onto the next course
- If you drop out of a course, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Refunds will be processed within 14 working days of your request
- If you wish to cancel your place and can find another student to replace you, please let us know as soon as possible
- If you are unable to attend a session, we will endeavour to bring you up to speed as quickly as possible in the next session. It is not possible to re-attend the same session you missed at a later date.
- A course needs a minimum number of enrolled students to run. If a minimum number of students do not enrol the course may be at risk of cancellation. If we cancel your course you will be entitled to a full refund which you will receive within 5 working days of the cancellation notice
- The Fine Art Room reserves the right to cancel or alter courses taking place in the UK or abroad at any time by reasons only of force majeure (war, threat of war, Acts of God, natural or nuclear disasters, riots and other civil disturbances, strikes, terrorist activities or other threats of a similar nature), closure of airports, alteration or cancellation of schedule services, financial failure of sub-contractors or other similar events outside our control
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate and appropriate cancellation & travel insurance at the time of booking any course that may be affected by cancellations or travel
- If a session is cancelled due to teacher absence, or an event that affects our venue, we will endeavour to put on the remaining session at a later date for you. If you are unable to attend you can request a refund for that single session.
- You will not be reimbursed or refunded for on any additional course expenses (travel, materials)
Intellectual Property Rights of course materials and other documentation
All Intellectual Property Rights of course materials, documents (printed and electronic) are, and remain, the intellectual property of The Fine Art Room – documents or any text must not be duplicated or distributed manually or electronically to non-participants or others without the permission of The Fine Art Room. Participants and non-participants are forbidden to copy, reproduce, modify, re-publish, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the course materials, documents (printed and electronic) and other related information provided without prior written consent.
Any infringement of copyright will be taken seriously and may result in legal action.
- Fees must be paid in full before participating in any online courses or session
- Payment must be made via bank transfer. Cash or cheque payments can’t be accepted. Credit cannot be given.
- Participants are responsible for their own materials and other costs incurred in taking part in the course.
- In the event of tutor illness, all students participating, or due to participate, on the course or an individual session will be notified as quickly as possible. In the first instance, we will try and reschedule any cancelled sessions as soon as possible, or a refund will be offered. Any course fees will be refunded within 28 days via bank transfer only.
- If you are ill and miss a session, please email us as soon as possible. We will endeavour to bring you up to speed as much as possible. Refunds or credit cannot be given.
- Participants are forbidden to record any part of the online course Zoom sessions or subsequent tutorials via online programs, video, audio tape, phone or other means
- The Fine Art Room reserves the right to not upload participants’ work in the online gallery if it is deemed offensive or inappropriate to a general audience.
Changes to your course
- You will be notified of any changes to your course or to the course programme as soon as possible
- The Fine Art Room reserve the right to substitute a named tutor without giving prior notice. Refunds, transfers or credits will not be given in this instance.
- The Fine Art Room reserves the right to change or alter course content should it be found necessary to do so
- The Fine Art Room reserves the right to alter the advertised course venue – you will be notified of any changes as soon as possible
- We cannot accept liability for any inability to run your course where the affecting circumstances are beyond our control.
Your health and safety in the studio
- All Fine Art Room students use our studio rooms entirely at their own risk
- Everyone attending a Fine Art Room course is responsible for their personal health and safety. Health and safety guidance will be given for each venue or off-site location The Fine Art Room uses.
- Health and safety information will also be given regarding studio materials and equipment and should be adhered to.
- Please let us know if you have a medical condition or learning difficulty that you feel may affect your progress on your course
- If you are participating in an off-site visit, it is your responsibility to bring any medication, cash or other personal belongings that you need whilst out and about.
Covid-19 – staying safe and keeping others safe whilst in our studio spaces
Your safety and the safety of others is vital at this time so all Fine Art Room course attendees must adhere to the following Covid-19 guidelines as stipulated by the Government and our venues:
- Please be on time for the first session for your new venue induction and classroom guidelines which will be discussed as part of your course introduction.
- All attendees must provide a contact telephone number and email address – in the likelihood that we need to contact your course group, all Fine Art Room students will be emailed.
- Please do not attend class or come to our venue if you are feeling unwell with Covid-19 symptoms or any other infectious symptoms be it a cold, cough or flu. Please email us to let us know you are unwell and will be absent – we will endeavour to bring you up to speed as best as we can.
- If you appear to be ill with Covid-19, or other cough or cold symptoms, you may be asked to leave the session immediately. No credit or refunds will be given due to student illness – instead we will endeavour to bring you up to speed on your return.
- In the event of tutor illness, your session may be rescheduled to a later date or you will receive a part-refund based on your fee category and the number of remaining sessions which will be confirmed at the time. You will be notified of tutor illness by email.
- In the event of a venue, local or national lockdown, your sessions may revert online, be rescheduled to a later date or you will receive a part-refund based on your fee category and the number of remaining sessions which will be confirmed at the time.
- In accordance with current government guidelines (updated January 4 2022), you must wear a mask or other face-covering at all times when attending a studio-based session. If you are exempt from wearing a face-covering, please email us beforehand so we are aware and can make others aware if need be. Click here for more info
- On entering the building, please use the hand-sanitizer by the entrance, plus you can use other hand-sanitizer stations provided by the venue. Please consider bringing hand sanitizer for personal use throughout the session. You can also use the hand-washing facilities provided.
- At the end of your session, you will be required to participate in a group clean of our classroom which will require tidying your space and spraying and wiping down surfaces (your chair and table for example) and helping others where need be. Cleaning materials will be provided by our venue.
- In case of evacuation, you will be asked to exit the building in accordance to the guidance given in the first session and social distancing will not have to be adhered to.
- You cannot use the kitchen to socialise, prepare / warm up food or drink or consume food or drink purchased elsewhere or made at home. However, you can bring in food and drink to enjoy in your classroom or outside the building during your break. You will still be able to use the kitchen for washing your hands or your art equipment where applicable.
- Art materials and equipment may not be shared. Please bring anything you need in order to make your work during your session. This may include:
- Masking tape
- Pencils / pens / charcoal / pastels
- Paint (acrylic, gouache or watercolour only)
- Appropriate water buckets / jars (for painting use)
- A sponge to wash your painting equipment (where relevant)
- Any other materials you may want to work with (ink, magazines, fabric etc.)|
- A course materials list will be provided at the time of enrolment.
Paper to draw and paint on, and newspaper to lay in your workspace will be provided, or you can bring your own paper / newspaper if you prefer.
Your belongings and artwork
- The Fine Art Room cannot provide you with any storage space. Any work you make, and any equipment and materials you bring to class, must be taken home with you at the end of your session or they will be disposed
- We cannot accept responsibility for any damage or breakages to your work, equipment and materials unless a tutor is directly at fault.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any instances of theft or damage that may occur to your property whilst on a Fine Art Room course or whilst using a Fine Art Room venue
Using our equipment and properties
- Any damage that you cause to any of The Fine Art Room’s equipment will be your responsibility and will have to be paid for
- Any damage to a venue used by The Fine Art Room that you cause will be your responsibility and will have to be paid for
Your behaviour and conduct
- Students are asked to be mindful and courteous whilst completing a Fine Art Room course or attending a Fine Art Room event.
- The Fine Art Room has a zero tolerance policy on any form of anti-social behaviour, harassment, discrimination or bullying. Personal conflicts will be resolved as quickly as possible. In extreme cases, you will be asked to leave your session immediately and may not be allowed to return to the course. No refund will be issued and the authorities may be contacted
- Mobile phones must be switched off or put on silent mode during your session. Any calls must be taken outside the classroom
- Please arrive promptly for your session. Tutors reserve the right not to allow latecomers into the session without prior notice
- If arriving late, please do your utmost to minimise any disruption to the session and students
- If you cannot attend a session, please let your tutor know via email if possible
- All Intellectual Property Rights of course materials / documents are, and remain, the intellectual property of The Fine Art Room – course documents must not be duplicated or distributed manually or electronically to non-participants without the permission of The Fine Art Room. Participants and non-participants are forbidden to copy, reproduce, modify, re-publish, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the course materials and related information provided without prior written consent. Any infringement of copyright will be taken seriously and may result in legal action.
- If a Fine Art Room tutor or student feels their safety or security is at risk due to your behaviour, you will be asked to leave the session or your course immediately. You will not receive a refund and we will also endeavour to report any behaviour to the police or other authorities if need be
- If you wish to discuss our terms and conditions or have any questions please email email@example.com