Draw and Paint: Venice
Monday May 13 – Sunday May 19
Join us in the stunning Italian island city of Venice – experience the wonderful colour, light, architecture and local life that has inspired artists for centuries, plus take time out to visit the spectacular art world event, the 2019 Venice Biennale.
- Enjoy a 7 day (Monday – Sunday) drawing and painting holiday in Venice
- 7 full days of tuition and activities – guiding, sightseeing, sketching / research time in the morning, time out for lunch, then studio sessions in the afternoon
- Sightseeing / research days start at 9.30am with studio sessions running from 2.30-5.30pm, Monday – Thursday and Saturday
- Enjoy flexible studio times on Friday and our final day, Sunday – make the most of extra studio time or take time out for further research, a trip to the Venice Biennale, shopping or relaxing. Choose to be in the studio on Friday and Sunday…
- all day (10am – 1pm then from 2.30pm-5.30pm)
- only in the morning (10am – 1pm)
- only in the afternoon (2.30-5.30pm)
- The course also includes an evening water bus ride allowing you to experience Venice by night
- We will also enjoy a water bus trip into the Veneto lagoon to visit the neighbouring islands of Torcello, Murano and Burano
- Work in a gallery space operated by a leading contemporary gallery – easels will be provided, plus storage for your work and equipment and courtesy tea and coffee
- Limited to 8 students only
- Only £390
You can pay for your course in instalments – please get in touch for more info.
- The price doesn’t include your flights, travel insurance, accommodation, meals, entrance tickets or materials – so you can work with / plan within your budget and requirements – we can advise you on where to stay and what to bring
- All attendees need to purchase a 3 day ACTV water bus pass to cover the first 3 days of the course. This entitles you to unlimited water bus travel. These will be purchased in advance and payment will be required on the first day of your course. Your ticket will be valid from Monday 6 May – Wednesday 9 May. At the time of writing, the ticket is 40 Euros. Alternatively you can purchase a 7 day ticket for 60 Euros. Please note this will not cover your journey to / from Marco Polo airport as this route is operated by another company. Please ask for more info
- Friends or partners that want to join us during the day but not use the studio i.e your+1s cost £340 (limited number of places)
- The holiday will include a lot of walking so you / +1s must be able to walk / stand for a long duration and be prepared to sketch outdoors. We will also be using the local water buses – if seats aren’t available you may have to stand whilst travelling.
- Full itinerary available on request
- To make an enquiry, ask further questions or to book your place, please get in touch using the form below: